Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Zoya's Phoebe Review

I will start by saying that this is my first Zoya polish, I got it in my first bloom box! So two first's in one and I have to say I love them both!  Zoya's Phoebe is a shimmery turquoise color that has a matte finish.  It almost has that opalescent look to it.  It did go on a little streaky but I'm pretty sure it just wasn't sticking well to the base that I have on which is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails with Nylon.  It took 4 coats to achieve the color below.  The dry time was wonderful it dried in a few minutes. I really love this color!

After I put it on I decided that I love this color and was going to wear it today :).  So instead of leaving it all with the matte finish I livened it up a little bit with another polish that I got in my bloom box: Sally Hansen HD in DVD.  This is a purplish blueish  sparkle look.  It has a faint purple tint to it if used alone, I will do a separate review for this later.  But over top of Phoebe it looks fantastic! My horrible picture phone pictures do not do these two colors justice at all! But here is the finished look that I'm going with.
I will definitely have to redo these when I get a different camera to hopefully show you how great this really looks!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my post.  Hope you have a great day and if your not just remember to smile through it, it will help :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you like your first Zoya! Just know that since Pheobe is matte, thats why it took 4 coats. Most Zoya's are one or less! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And that is what I figured, because I noticed that with the matte color that I have from Sinful Colors also, it takes more coats to achieve the look you want.

      Delete